Goodvalley improved performance in volatile 2019
Goodvalley continued to strengthen the business in 2019 by improving operational and financial performance in a year of significant fluctuations in European markets driven by a sharp increase in prices for live pigs, while pork prices in the Polish bulk market remained low throughout the year.
- Revenue grew by 3.8 % to DKK 1,526 million driven by higher live pig prices and volume growth
- Adjusted EBITDA was higher by 23.4% and came to DKK 274 million driven by live pig sales despite low profitability from pork sales and weak arable yields
- Goodvalley improved efficiency in terms of pigs sold per sow from 31.6 in 2018 to 31.9 in 2019
- The whole herd feed conversion ratio was stable at 2.73 kilo feed per kilo pork, resulting from the Group’s ongoing focus on sustainability and efficiency
- Sales of branded products increased from 210 tonnes in 2018 to 940 tonnes in 2019, and distribution expanded to 3,900 stores across Poland
- Goodvalley expects to generate revenue in the range of DKK 1,600- 1,750 million and an Adjusted EBITDA of DKK 320-380 million driven by continued high live pig prices and improved production efficiency
We continued to strengthen the business in 2019 as we improved operational and financial performance while investing in our sustainable production platform, our food brand in Poland and the efforts to mitigate increasing exposure to African swine fever, says CEO Hans Henrik Pedersen.
Conference call 27 February at 14.00 (CET) about Annual Report 2019
On 27 February 2020 at 14.00 (CET), Goodvalley will host a conference call at which CEO Hans Henrik Pedersen and Vice CEO Kristian Brokop Jakobsen will provide comments on financial and operational performance in the financial year 2019, the outlook and answer questions. Registration is not required.
The conference call will be conducted in English and can be followed live here:
Participants should dial the numbers provided below and state conference code 8684139
|Denmark:||+45 32 72 80 42|
|Norway:||+47 239 602 64|
|Poland:||+48 222 120 152|
|Sweden:||+46 (0 )850 692 180|
|United Kingdom:||+44 (0) 844 571 88 92|
|United States:||+1 631 510 74 95|
Group Communications, Anne Axelgaard
+ 45 76 52 20 00
Your search did not return any results
Don't give up! Why not try using fewer characters or another search word?
You searched for: